Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yelloww...

Hey guys!... My name is Dylan Kennedy and I'm from Amarillo, in the dead center of the Texas Panhandle. Forgive me for not posting sooner; I just returned from an incredible month's stay in Italy, and it's been pretty busy preparing for college since my arrival. The country was AMAZING, the best summer experience of my life and I learned so much more than I could have been prepared for. (For those who are curious about the people of Italy, it was extremely surprising how much the Italians were interested in Texas culture. Especially the girls... I became popular pretty quick... No, really...they love Texans; I think I had to tell about 100 people that I don't own a horse, I don't live on a ranch, and--as my last name suggests--I'm not related to former President Kennedy...)

Well, I wouldn't want to bore you about any details about my beautiful hometown, whose Spanish name refers to the dry, yellow grass surrounding the city, so... I'll get to the interesting stuff: I'll talk about myself! ;-)

Well...what should I say... I'm a pretty complex guy, and my greatest passion is growth. I'm not afraid of taking opportunities when I see them, and I'm ready for college to take me to a different level and a new life. One of the things that people quickly know of me is that I'm an artist; expressive in words and in the paint on a canvas. Art is my next passion, my greatest talent and expression. I guess you could say I work well with my hands... I can draw/paint anything, with time. I value strength, appreciate beauty and thrive through passion, and I try to balance work with enjoying life. With every step that life takes me I know I'll be successful. That's how I function; constantly growing and evolving as I go through life to learn everything I can from it. I'm independent, and limitation is my biggest fear. Not failure, but being unable to get to the next point in my goals, held back by something beyond my control.

I intend to major in art, and to pursue architecture at the graduate level. I want to be an architect, to design buildings and houses and offer my artistic vision to society. I can think of no better way to make my mark in my community; the streets will be my gallery.

(Wow... I really feel like I'm writing a scholarship essay here... geez, I gotta get out of that, LOL. I should really post this on my facebook profile....)

Well, I won't make this too long, so I'll end briefly by saying I really can't wait to meet you guys and it's exciting to think that everything is coming so soon... Take care, and have a great week before school starts for us!

Dylan Kennedy

No comments: