Thursday, August 9, 2007

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello fellow FYS members! Sorry for the tardiness of my blog, but one of the first facts I can share about myself is that I'm a huge procrastinator. Hopefully this habit of mine will be supressed by the time I actually have to deal with a college workload (althought it's pretty unlikely).
Well, I'll just start off with the basics. My name is Melissa and I'm from Memphis, TN. Yes, I'm one of the few kids that will be coming from what seems to almost be some foreign land, considering I'm by no means from Texas. Southwestern was a really random choice of school for me, but it seems to fit my personality really well. I have quite a bit of family in the Houston area, so I've had the pleasure of spending countless holidays and summers in the great state of Texas. Long story short, I've always wanted to go to a liberal arts college live and Austin. Thus, Southwestern couldn't be a better fit for me.
At SU I plan on majoring in ___________ (fill in the blank). I honestly have no clue what I'll end up studying. I'm coming to school with an open mind this fall. Right now I'm leaning towards political science, but who knows what it will be tomorrow.
So now's the part where I'm going to mention the fact that I really despise writing about myself. Everytime I list my interests, I feel that I sound similar to every average teenager. Just like that vast majority of young adults, I love music, movies, traveling, the whole nine yards. Despite my cliche list of interests, I really feel that I have a unique personality. I suppose you'd just have to get to know me to really see that. So since I lack the clever rhetoric to descibe my not-so-ordinary personality, I'm going to leave all of you with something short, yet insightful about myself. Here are five things I want to do before I die:
1. Go to a world cup championship soccer game
2. Have a conversation with Bob Dylan (this is the idealist in me)
3. Travel the world
4. Open up my own coffee shop/hookah bar
5. Have a career that will allow me to positively affect the lives of people all over the world

No comments: