Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Conclusion Reaction

Overall, I really enjoyed this book more than I anticipated. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I was greatly impressed by Butler's ability to utilize two unassociated concepts which culminated into an exceptional literary work. I found the book hard to put down, although I the idea of posting a reaction blog after certain sections slowed my progress (hence the reason for the major time lapse between this blog and the last one).

I was amazed at the fact that I felt connected to the characters, as well as a part of the story. I could feel the characters' emotions and myself relating to their actions and reactions. Their anger became my anger; their desires became my desire; their fight became my fight; and their pain became my pain. I also found that towards the end of the book, I didn't want it to end. I recall purposely slowing down so that it wouldn't end so fast, or waiting a couple days (as hard as it was) to pick the book up again and finish reading it.

I found it uncommon that the book's prologue was actually part of its culmination. I also didn't like the fact that Dana and Kevin were left to mend their lives back together after such unnerving experiences. They had to keep all that had happened to themselves, otherwise they might both end up in a psychiatric hospital. Despite these few qualms, I really did enjoy the book

No comments: