Wednesday, August 15, 2007

1st thoughts

After reading the 1st chapter i have the impression that the rest of the book is going to be predictable. Although the story is in many ways unique it makes me feel like it is unoriginal at the same time.Perhaps it is the whole idea of time travel but the rest of the story is still unsure at least to me.While the story seems trite it also has a somewhat original aspect to it. I think its the fact that Dana had no choice or desire to travel back in time that makes it unique. Often times the person traveling has a desire to change the past but in this case the time travel is very much a surprise to Dana. The fact that she has to save an early ancestors life more than once makes it interesting to read.The uncertainty of her life back in time has kept me glued to the book since I've started it. As I continue reading the book I think Dana will come across some hard decisions that may make it difficult due to her morals. I have no doubt that she will face adversity she is not personally use to and in return will gain a greater appreciation for the slaves that lived in such a hard and trying time.

No comments: