Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Intro

Hello fellow FYS members!
Well, the basics first, I suppose:
My name is Shireen Tabrizi, I am 18 years old, and I live in the fantastic city of Austin, TX.
I plan on majoring in International Studies, possibly double majoring in Political Science. Who knows, really. I'd like to eventually work for the UN or something along those lines. I plan on joining the Peace Corps after completion of my Bachelor's but I suppose I can't really predict where I'll be in four years.
I volunteered in an orphanage this summer for three weeks in Tanzania and it was definitely an experience to stay with me forever, in every aspect. It kind of helped me see what direction I'd like my life to go in, in a sense.
I'm extremely excited to start something as new and big as college. Then there's that whole living on my own thing I've been fantasizing about for years...even though I'll only be 30 minutes from home at most. Minor detail, right?
I love music...don't we all? Well then I'll be seeing a good portion of you at ACL this year, I assume! Two words: Bob Dylan.
That, I guess, would be me in a nutshell. A nice, long nutshell. I tend to ramble, I apologize.
I look forward to meeting you all surprisingly soon!

No comments: