Monday, August 20, 2007

end

The book ended as I thought it probably would. I knew that Dana would somehow have to free herself from Rufus in one of two ways: with either her death or his. I hated the fact that Rufus fell into the part of the stereotypical white male of the time. In the beginning of the book, I thought that he would be different from others. I thought that he would respect Alice and that they would have a happy romance. I guess that this was too much to expect in their time period. It also would not provide a good plot line in any case. I must admit though, that I am glad Dana killed Rufus. Although this marked a change in her, it may not have been for the worst. She stuck up for herself when she saw that she there was need. She knew that she would never be rid of Rufus if she did not kill him. Her action may have had negative consequences, but it was something that needed to be done. Dana did not deserve to be Rufus' personal little bodyguard. She had a life of her own that needed to be lived.

No comments: